Regulations for exhibitors (to be updated for 2021)
1. All exhibit classes are open to those living, working, attending school or classes, or having allotments in St Oswald’s Parish (i.e. New Walk Terrace to Naburn Lane / Selby Road or thereabouts), and the adjoining communities of Badger Hill, Heslington, Naburn and Crockey Hill, or having a strong link with the community.
2. With the exception of items used in the flower arrangements, all exhibits must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor, plants having been grown (where applicable) in their own garden or allotment.
3. No exhibit should have been a prize winner in a previous Fulford Show and all handicraft exhibits must have been made in the last two years.
4. No prior registration is necessary. Exhibits to be staged as early as possible on the show day from 8.30 - 10.15am. The show rooms will be closed at 10.30am for judging.
5. Click here for entry slips which can be completed prior to the show. Alternatively these will be available in the show room on the day. Exhibitors will be responsible for placing these face down before their own exhibits. Entries for the children’s classes must show the age of the exhibitor on both sides of the entry slip.
6. The judges will be entirely impartial and their decisions are final. Foods may be tasted.
7. Show rooms will be open to the public from 1.00pm. Exhibitors wishing to retain their exhibits must have their cards marked accordingly, and remove exhibits before the awarding of trophies, otherwise they may be offered for sale at 5.00pm.
8. Prize cards will be awarded in all classes and there will be a cup or trophy for the best exhibit in each section, as well as a new Challenge Trophy. In the Fruit and Vegetable section points will be awarded as follows: First - 3 points, Second - 2 points, Third - 1 point. Individual scores will be totalled up and the Fruit and Vegetable Challenge Trophy will be awarded to the person who scores the most.
9. All articles are entered at the owner’s risk and the committee cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
Enquiries to the exhibits secretaries:
Barbara King, Louise Elsegood and Margaret Birch
Tel: 01904 633254 email